Prudential’s Customer Office is responsible for creating and implementing. Prudential’s digital experience across a wide spectrum of businesses.
Developer / Senior Developer – Front End Development, Back-End Development
Prudential’s Customer Office is responsible for creating and implementing
Prudential’s digital experience across a wide spectrum of businesses. You will be :
• Working with the latest Front-end development technologies such as AngularJS, KnockoutJS, NodeJS, Sass, LESS framework and Twitter Bootstrap.
• Working with concepts such as progressive enhancement, mobile first and future friendly design.
• Working in an Agile environment delivering new components as well as aiding the development of new products.
The successful candidate will join a full stack Development team who are responsible for developing, implementing and supporting various mission critical applications for the Enterprise and its Business units. Responsibility will also include the ongoing maintenance of existing web sites in support of our customers.
The technical challenges are vast and exciting, whilst providing the candidate with ample opportunity to increase and enhance their technical and leadership skills, while keeping abreast of the latest Web technologies and standards.
Position Requirement and Education:
The successful candidate will have a 3 to 5 years direct experience in a Web development environment and must be educated to degree level.
• 5 + years’ experience in hands on JEE development; In-depth knowledge of JEE web tier components and extensive experience in both the server and client side development; Experience in SOAP/ Rest web service; JEE Stack/ JPA knowledge.
• Proven ability to design innovative solutions, and deliver quality software to strict standards and schedules through own efforts and those of others; • Solid experience with Object Oriented design concepts, patterns and software architecture.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment and deliver production quality software within tight schedules.
• Fluent in English, both written and spoken
• Experience on WebSphere Portal, Portlet development and Portal theme development; Experience on XSLT and XML.
• Knowledge of Content Management Systems such as IBM WCM; Proficient with database design, SQL and stored procedures.
• Experience on using Build tools such as Ant, Maven, Subversion, Jenkins and with browser tools like Firebug, HttpFox.
• Experience of Agile Methodologies such as SCRUM.
The chosen candidate will work as part of a talented team of Digital Specialists. This person will be responsible for supporting Prudential’s suite of cutting edge web applications and websites.
Project activities should be primarily focused on:
• Create functional prototypes from design specifications and wireframes
• Build reusable code and libraries for future use
• Aware of W3C web standards, their purpose, benefits and appropriateness
• Mobile first web development and responsive web design.
• Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
• User input validation using HTML5 standards
• Desire to learn, share and apply new skills
• Ability to present solutions to complex problems
• Research emerging technologies and develop POC’s
• Participate in the architecture, system design and development of Web applications.
• Collaborate with team members and other teams and integrate individual components into complex enterprise systems.